Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cranberry Pecan Muffins

I love the basic recipe for my muffins.  It can be dairy free or not, wheat free or not, but always delicious.  Last night we made breakfast for dinner, but we we wanted something other than pancakes, waffles, or blueberry muffins.  So I started with my basic recipe with almost an oatmeal base, thanks to a friend of mine who had made my blueberry muffins a couple days ago.  Here is my twist to the muffin recipe...

1 1/2 cup quick oats (probably could use the old fashioned but it would be a different texture)
1/4 cup wheat flour or rice flour
1/4 cup oat bran
2 tsp stevia
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Celtic Sea salt
1/4 cup chopped pecan pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup coconut/almond milk
1 egg
1 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce


Mix all ingredients together then cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes...I think I may add some cinnamon next time I make these.

Also, a different way to cook these and any other muffin mix, make it more like a pancake.  We cooked these on our flat skillet and ate them more like a pancake or biscuit.  It creates a crispy sweet bread for any meal.  Just omit the stevia and you have a great bread to go with any meal.  Even more creative, put some spices in it to go with the meal you are making.  Maybe add italian seasonings to go with a pasta meal.  My advice, match the seasonings that you are putting into your meat or main dish.

Have fun and be creative!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment